Loading...

Hump Day Happiness: In My Makeup Bag

I took a few days off to prep and process my transition from one department to the other. Posts should appear on a somewhat normal schedule with a bit of flex over the next three weeks as I go through training for my new position. Even if I'm not able to bang out a blog post, I do regularly put up pictures of products I love or adventures I'm having on my Instagram account: _aubreyk

Let's get into it straight away... Whenever I start a new position, I make every effort to look my best. At least for a few weeks. And then I let them see what a slovenly beast I really am. Just kidding...? So this week my Hump Day Happiness is all very beauty-centric. If that isn't your bag, feel free to skip this post and come back tomorrow when I'll have a new #TBT post and we can both mock teenage me.


First up is this little baby which I received in my most recent Birchbox and have almost completely used up by this point. Three Whishes Body Butter by Whish in almond has definitely worked wonders for my dry hands. I love that it absorbs quickly and isn't greasy. I'm not totally over the moon about the smell, it definitely does have a hint of almond oil but there's another note that I'm not particularly keen on. That being said, the smell disappates quickly and the product does come in a whole range of scents so if I want to purchase full size, I'm not married to almond. There are a number of people who complain about getting lotions in their boxes every month, but my skin is always dry and my palms and fingertips take a beating in the gym so I love having these little samples to chuck in my purse.



Next, my current perfume love affair. I orginally received this in a Hazel Lane box which I reviewed in this post. At this point in my life, I've resigned myself to the fact that I will never have one signature scent. I tend to apply fragrance based on my mood and the season. With spring filtering in, I've been wearing Miss Marisa nearly every day. I'm still amazed at how long lasting this scent is, and how pleasant and refreshing all of the notes are. Sadly, the Ebba website appears to be undergoing some type of maintenance, but you can currently purchase products in the Miss Marisa fragrance over on Amazon for the time being or the .25oz roll-on in the Hazel Lane shop.


Finally, this gorgeous lipgloss from Nyx in a shade called Beat Goes On. I have no words for how much I adore this color. Just look at how lovely this swatch is on my pale-ass hand:


So that's what I'm loving so far this week. Just a few beauty basics bringing a smile to my face in all the craziness of transitioning to a new building and a new position. What's your Hump Day Happiness for this week?



Women's Boxes 7852290757598155857

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item