Loading...

It's #TBT everyone...

I started blogging back in 2001, at the start of my sophomore year of high school, and continued uninterrupted until about 2008. Now that I am back in the swing of things, albeit for very different reasons and with a much changed format, I decided it might be interesting to take a look back at old blog posts. Most of these will be posted totally unaltered, right from their original home on LiveJournal. We can experience all my teenage and young adult angst together, oh joy. I'm starting things off this week by easing into it with a "What's in my bag?" that I did back in 2007. This one had (very blurry, awful quality) photos!

October 22nd, 2007



From left:

+ Gorgosaurus - Part of my Sweetest Day gift from Craig.
+ Notebook for my private acting lessons.
+ Tan and pink polkadotted checkbook containing Batman checks.
+ Miracle Heel Repair lotion for my hideously dry dancer's feet.
+ Disposable camera containing anniversary pics.
+ Deodorant. Actresses are not like normal people - we carry around EVERYTHING.
+ Burt's Bees Milk and Honey Lotion.
+ Makeup bag.
+ X-Men notebook with grocery lists and reminders in it.
+ Echinacea tablets. A singer's defense against ... everything.
+ Green address book.
+ Nexium. It helps ward off acid reflux which might damage my vocal chords. Hot.
+ Victoria's Secret lip gloss. It tastes like peaches. I usually only wear it to auditions.
+ Blistex shiny lip balm. 'Tis the season for chapped lips.
+ Mary Kay creme eyeshadow in some sort of bronze-ish shade.
+ Tiger Balm. The most amazing pain reliever I've ever happened upon. It loosens up neck and throat muscles - another actress thing.
+ Vanilla lip gloss. I think it might be Bonne Bell but I'm not sure. I've had it forever and it still hasn't run out!
+ Tampon. Self-explanatory.
+ Nail file.
+ MAC eyeshadow. The name of the shade has worn off, but it pretty much works with anything I wear.
+ Burt's Bees lip balm.
+ Eyeliner and mascara which can hardly be seen against my black sheets.
+ Hello Kitty ID case which holds my license, bank card, Social Security card, voter registration card, &etc.
+ Riccola Green Tea with Echinacea Sugar Free Cough Drops. Yum.
+ My wallet. The one where I keep the cash. Thanks, OCD.
+ Hello Kitty change purse. Where I keep the coins.
+ Tums Smoothies. Again, prevention for acid reflux.

TIL ... I was a pretentious little shit at 21. I know for certain that purse has gone by the wayside, I believe due to a ripped lining, which is a small mercy because truly it was hideous. Somewhere in the linen closet in my office though, the notebooks and coin purses survive. I'm also pretty sure that address book didn't have any actual addresses in it. At some point I'll do a current "What's in my bag?" for comparison. 

To close things out, here's a photo of me circa 1994 or 1995 that my cousin texted me this morning. I think this photo's comedy value is increased immeasurably by knowing that I'm wearing a Lion King shirt with matching Lion King printed pants. Hakuna Matata everyone. See you tomorrow!



The Universe 416369049894360429

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item